Men want us to kiss them with beards, suck their dicks and kiss their balls with pubes, hug them with hairy arm pits, intwine our legs with hairy thighs, but if women have one hair on our body that isn’t on our head it’s disgusting
curlsandclasss said: Hey I was directed to you by youngblackandvegan. I asked her about books to read and she said that you were making your way through a summer reading list. I would love to take a look at it.
Hello there! I’m moving countries (from America to England) in 3 weeks so I’m trying to finish quite a few books before I go so I don’t feel like I need to put them in my suitcase lol
I finished Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie a few days ago. Right now I’m finishing up Heart of a Woman by Maya Angelou.
Other books I plan on finishing:
- Tar Baby
- Beautiful, Also, Are the Souls of My Black Sisters: A History of the Black Woman in America *** This is not a well-known book but it’s really amazing. I heard of it because it’s written by a Past National President of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
You can also check my Goodreads Account. I’ve listed 139 books that I’ve read and a lot of them are really good and might be of interest to you.
Inception recast → Idris Elba as Cobb, Richard Ayoade as Arthur, Anthony Mackie as Robert Fischer, Zoe Saldana as Ariadne, Jamie Foxx as Eames, Kerry Washington as Mal, Forest Whitaker as Yusuf, Michael K. Williams as Saito, Jeffrey Wright as Browning, Danny Glover as Maurice Fischer, and Gina Torres as Miles
Inspired by this quote: “Imagine a film such as Inception with an entire cast of black people – do you think it would be successful? Would people watch it? But no one questions the fact that everyone’s white. That’s what we have to change.” - Idris Elba (x)
"their chicken is really spicy"
"beware, the injera is spicy"
"the water is spicy"
"the air was spicy"
"The staff was very rude"
"The dim sum restaurant didn’t have a menu"
"They gave me chopsticks"
"They asked me to wash my hands before I sat down to eat, something about traditions? I was humiliated"
"The staff didn’t speak English"
"The chair was spicy"
"The ice was spicy"
"Service was great. Food was great. Couldn’t find parking" - 1 star
'my napkins were only one ply. no free breadsticks”- 1/2 star
"Went to this ethiopian restaurant and they expected me to actually eat with my hands. Offended. 1/2 star"
"they only had Asian employees. I feel like they may have discriminatory hiring practices"
"The orange chicken wasn’t as authentic as PF Changs."
- What too many girls say in the mirror:
- Ughh... my thighs.. my hair... my face.. my stomach.. I hate everything
- What every girl should be saying in the mirror:
- Goddamn, well hello there cutie patootie with the A + bootie
Things To Remember
- Don’t be angry at yourself when anxiety/depression flares up. It isn’t your fault and no one blames you and if they do they’re pieces of shit.
- Don’t orbit around your perceived value so much. You’re not the sum total of what you produce.
- Don’t let yourself wonder why people love you. That’s not how it works. There are not stark, individual reasons that a person can enumerate about why they love you. It’s the entire, unique combination of what and who you are.